In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is looking for a Linux Administrator who wishes to grow in a dynamic Support environment. Our ideal candidate should be a customer-focused individual that leverages his technical expertise for giving best support that benefits our users. Above all, we are looking for a team builder who is excited to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic rewarding cross-functional environment.
Once you are here, you will:
- Provide best support and solutions to our Customers through tickets, chat, emails, etc.
- A desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs.
- Be a good team player who works well in a 24/7 collaborative environment.
- Perform website migrations following proper SOPs.
- Convert complex chat queries of customers to tickets when needed.
- Monitor alerts where needed on different monitoring frameworks. (slack, sensu and zabbix)
- Monitor and react to different abuse reports (Slack and emails, etc.).
- Assist Seniors and Leads to develop and improve internal development tools and dashboards.
- Be able to cater customer queries on the ticketing system.
- Be able to answer complex queries on chats and provide support to juniors with the rest of chats and tickets.
- Be able to provide assist juniors.
- Proper daily reporting (on Assembla and other platforms if required) and escalation of processes where needed.
- Understand and take responsibilities and ownership.
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Engineering or related field having 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge and concepts of Linux.
- Knowledge of PHP based Open Source web applications (Preferably: WordPress, Drupal, Magento etc).
- Sound knowledge of different webstacks (Apache and Nginx are the norm).
- Knowledge of MySQL and its optimization.
- Knowledge of monitoring frameworks like Zabbix and Nagios would be a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical (problem-solving) skills.
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Should be process-oriented and Proactive.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet SLAs and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce processes.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (like AWS, GCE, DO, etc.).
- Documentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to work in rotating shifts in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for PaaS/cloud service provider.
Apply - Linux Administrator