In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is looking for a Linux Administrator who wishes to grow in a dynamic Support environment. Our ideal candidate should be a customer-focused individual that leverages his technical expertise for giving best support that benefits our users. Above all, we are looking for a team builder who is excited to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic rewarding cross-functional environment.
Once you are here, you will:
- Provide best support and solutions to our Customers through tickets, chat, emails, etc.
- A desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs.
- Be a good team player who works well in a 24/7 collaborative environment.
- Perform website migrations following proper SOPs.
- Convert complex chat queries of customers to tickets when needed.
- Monitor alerts where needed on different monitoring frameworks. (slack, sensu and zabbix)
- Monitor and react to different abuse reports (Slack and emails, etc.).
- Assist Seniors and Leads to develop and improve internal development tools and dashboards.
- Be able to cater customer queries on the ticketing system.
- Be able to answer complex queries on chats and provide support to juniors with the rest of chats and tickets.
- Be able to provide assist juniors.
- Proper daily reporting (on Assembla and other platforms if required) and escalation of processes where needed.
- Understand and take responsibilities and ownership.
- BS/BE in Computer Science/Engineering or related field having 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge and concepts of Linux.
- Knowledge of PHP based Open Source web applications (Preferably: WordPress, Drupal, Magento etc).
- Sound knowledge of different webstacks (Apache and Nginx are the norm).
- Knowledge of MySQL and its optimization.
- Knowledge of monitoring frameworks like Zabbix and Nagios would be a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical (problem-solving) skills.
- Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
- Should be process-oriented and Proactive.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet SLAs and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce processes.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (like AWS, GCE, DO, etc.).
- Documentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to work in rotating shifts in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for PaaS/cloud service provider.
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Linux Administrator