In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is looking for Data Scientist who will support the product, sales, leadership, and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing ever-increasing usage data. The perfect candidate is adept at using large data sets to seek out opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to check the effectiveness of various courses of action. They need to have strong experience employing a sort of data mining/data analysis methods, employing a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They need to have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a good range of stakeholders and functional teams. The candidate will have a passion for locating solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to enhance business outcomes.
As a Lead Data Scientist you will be responsible for designing experiments, interpreting results, and building models that help us better understand and predict user behavior, gain actionable conclusions and find opportunities that drive retention and growth.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
This role is crucial for ensuring a world-class user experience for our customers. We rely on Data Scientist to help us better understand and empathize with our end-users and to identify opportunities for creating deeper engagement and driving growth.
Once you are here, you will:
- Create and develop a Data team, selecting and mentoring the right candidates, and evaluate the team where necessary.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Extending the company’s data with third party sources of information when needed. Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- As part of the core growth team, keep track of funnels, creating and managing data points and events, integrate with different sources, and come up with actionable analysis and recommendations
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Creating algorithms and different recommendation systems to enable user conversions and increase reorder rates.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Facilitate data scrapping and containerize information for later use.
- Take ownership and curate all the KPIs and create necessary dashboards where necessary
What does GADITEK offer you?
Gaditek is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist and team lead
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Appsflyer, Adwords, Facebook Insights, Airship, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders.
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Data Analyst (Savyour)