In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is looking for a Lead DevOps engineer. In this role, you'll be working closely with the DevOps manager to create a high function DevOps team. The ideal candidate will take the lead in designing and
delivering DevOps capabilities by changing technology, process, and people. Above all, we are looking for team builders who are excited to work in a fast-paced and highly rewarding cross-functional environment.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
Once you are here, you will:
- You will be a part of highly-driven professional teams responsible for planning, deploying and maintaining mission-critical applications in distributed and cloud environments.
- You will be responsible for developing components that combine together to solve real-world problems.
- Work with proven and emerging technologies to continuously improve our products and platforms.
- Collaborate with the development team to define the architecture, optimize performance, and rightsize environments.
- Actively participate in high-level team activities such as suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements and conducting tool evaluations.
- Consistently improve your skills by learning, experimenting with new solutions and technologies. Once you have acquired skill, you will then transfer your skills to your team.
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and helps us go to new places.
- A professional being directly accountable for a successful and high performing DevOps delivery team.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and implementing high-value software solutions.
- You should have an ability to drive completion of modern engineering strategy initiatives, including maturity assessment, roadmap creation, and business case.
- Possesses in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment.
- Has worked on at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean are preferred).Has expert-level knowledge of at least one Infrastructure as Code / Configuration as
- Code technology (such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, microservices. Knowledge of enabling tools such as Kubernetes will be a plus point.
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains -will be expected to participate in on-call escalations to troubleshoot issues
- Good understanding of agile methods.
Additional Skills We Value:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Expertise in Python Scripting.
- Experienced in working within cross-functional delivery teams, collaborating across UX, Service Design, Front-end, Delivery.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- You must love Linux
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Lead DevOps Engineer