In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is searching for a Lead Software Engineer PHP who wishes to grow in a high-performing DevOps environment. Our ideal candidate is a process-focused individual that leverages his expertise for building and managing applications that benefit our users. Above all, we are looking for team builders who are excited to work in a fast-paced and highly rewarding cross-functional environment.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
This role is critical to the success and growth of our product and service offerings and ensuring successful and timely delivery of reliable software solutions.
Once you are here, you will:
- Lead highly-driven professional teams responsible for planning, deploying and maintaining mission-critical applications in distributed and cloud environments.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Be responsible for developing components that combine together to solve real-world problems.
- Provide regular and effective progress updates and work closely with Project Managers, Product Managers, and other cross-departmental stake-holders to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues.
- Work with proven and emerging technologies to continuously improve our products and platforms.
- Work closely with relevant teams internally to ensure alignment and coordination across operations as part of the seamless implementation of existing and new systems.
- Consistently improve your skills by learning, experimenting with new solutions and technologies. Once you have acquired a new skill, you will then transfer your skills to your team.
- Take responsibility for making key decisions to ensure the successful implementation of all initiatives
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
As a Lead Software Engineer PHP, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Receive mentorship by experts in a wide range of disciplines.
- Explore a well-defined career path and all the guidance you need to grow toward your career goals.
- Work in cross-functional and multi-discipline squads.
- Work in other tribes, if you want to learn something new.
- Work in a positive atmosphere with our family of passionate people who love technology.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 6 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in PHP, etc.
- Experienced in working within cross-functional delivery teams, collaborating across: UX, Service Design, Front-end, Delivery.
- Experience with data engineering and analytics technologies, e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Has a proven track record of working in a dedicated DevOps environment and an appreciation of the DevOps culture.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Passionate about learning new technologies and implementing high-value software solutions.
In-depth understanding of the theory and practice of Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools and technologies (such as Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory)
- Worked on at least one public cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean are preferred).
- Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through to code level
- Good understanding of platform and systems’ architecture – modular monoliths, microservices. Knowledge of enabling tools such as Kubernetes will be a plus point.
- Working knowledge of modern ops technologies, e.g. monitoring, log aggregation, alerting, service discovery.
- Good understanding of agile methods.
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Lead Software Engineer PHP