In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is in search of a Principal Cloud Engineer who is passionate about building and scaling great tools for software developers, and to lead our efforts in building, deploying, growing, and maintaining our PaaS solutions.
This is a senior role that requires someone who has a rare blend of sound knowledge and experience managing or working with technologies that are core to most large and distributed systems like cloud computing, web services, and multi-tier compute architectures. We need someone who has hands-on, in-depth knowledge of two or more of the following areas: cloud tools engineering, public cloud management, DevOps, Networking, or infrastructure engineering.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
Gaditek's mission is to support our brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make them more valuable and ensure their relevance in the marketplace.
One of our core divisions is cloud computing and our PaaS solutions for developers have gained a significant market share because we’ve consistently improved our product features, offering, costs, and above all—our end-user experience. For this, we need a Principal Cloud Engineer in an executive role.
We believe an engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. However, the right engineer at an executive level can galvanize our team to the next level, which is why we are searching for someone who has the knowledge and hands-on experience working with the software side and has the focus and leadership skills needed to lead us and drive the future transformation of this critical technology ecosystem.
Once you are here, you will:
- Own and lead initiatives to define, design, and implement cloud solutions
- Lead simultaneous investigations of multiple site issues at once and undertake their restorations, often in a multi-disciplinary fashion.
- Drive proactive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring.
- Independently build Operations tools and test major features and capabilities, as well as collaborate with other teams on continuously improving such capabilities and rigor.
- Provide technical leadership and do hands-on scripting, tooling, automation.
- Work with Architecture, Engineering, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions to attain high availability, scalability, and reliability.
- Apply technical and domain expertise to solving day to day challenges.
- Implement automation and orchestration provisioning, customer on-boarding.
Support customer handling by offering:
- Professional expertise (Thinking differently to resolve customer issues, complete resolution)
- Analytical skills (plan, organize, communicate, delegate and control/proper escalation)
- Communication skills (Thoroughness and promptness of work, detailed and understandable customer response)
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
As a Principal Cloud Engineer, we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Develop your breadth and depth of skills in this role.
- Drive the future transformation of this critical technology ecosystem.
- Become part of a culture that lets you both learn and teach while working with people outside of your immediate area of expertise.
- Be challenged to think more holistically.
- Build SDKs for new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Participate in engineering design initiatives across various disciplines of Cloud Products, and drive execution of these deployments to the highest standards.
- Assess and/or design cloud application deployment, test, monitoring, and instrumentation of end-to-end solutions.
- Industry Certification in a minimum of one core technology (CNE, MCP, MCSE or Other).
- Minimum 6 years’ experience on multiple hardware platforms and operating systems (RedHat, Solaris, other Linux) and Oracle databases is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years as a systems administrator.
- Previous experience in RedHat and Solaris environment is essential. Experience in Cisco UCS platform a plus.
- Strong-Advanced knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating environments and client-server technology (DBMS, WebLogix, jBoss, etc.), networking concepts; able to provide technical assistance, design and implement improved methods and procedures for troubleshooting and researching problems.
- Advanced skill level in system performance troubleshooting.
- Possess excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Required to participate in an on-call rotation (includes evenings, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Knowledge of diff services ((GIT, SMTP, DNS, OpenVPN, postfix, crons, SSL, Sensu)
- Analysis of logs (sys, stack).
- Debugging of App related issues.
- Ability to cope up with new/unknown issues. (Initiative in tackling (new) problems with an imaginative approach)
- Migration process (unknown issues, CMS migration, troubleshooting, perfection, Cpanel & other hostings knowledge, advance cli commands to pull data)
- Platform Knowledge
- Linux knowledge (Centos, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Web Stack Knowledge (apache, nginx, varnish, memcache, mysql,apc, opcache)
- Add-on process familiarities
- Zabbix handling
- Sensu handling
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Principal Cloud Engineer