In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is headhunting battle-tested Project Manager to join one of our fastest-growing brands in the capacity of Release Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the release strategy and lifecycle planning of products and services, which includes defining the release processes, product lifecycles and the coordination and management of releases across the organization.
Additionally, you will be responsible for ensuring that we maintain our quality levels in all our deliveries from design as well as cross-functionally in the organization. You must be able to work collaboratively across members from Product Management, Engineering, Service, Support and Marketing groups to ensure stable and timely deliveries towards our customers. You will report to the Product Management function responsible.
Once you are here, you will:
- Prepare and maintain a 24 months release plan in alignment with Product Management and R&D to ensure roadmap stability.
- Coordinate with Product Owners and follow up on execution status and quality assessments with R&D for target release scope.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within budget. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Ensure business-centric decisions and actions are taken when addressing customer requests and release problems.
- Support and prepare high-quality business decisions on when and how to take products into the next stage in the lifecycle (e.g. impacts of product phase-out, change of functionality that impacts backward compatibility, mass uplift or migration of customers due to product change).
- Manage product life cycle including handling of unreleased versions, phase out versions, and; migration and upgrade across releases.
- Work with the release co-ordinator to understand the impacts of branches and code merges.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core products and services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Own release decision based on feature readiness, release quality, documentation and knowledge asset readiness, pre-release communication plan and organizational readiness.
- Deliverables will include product lifecycle and release related processes and plans. Reports on progress, product quality assessments, development investments and KPIs, release checklists and notes.
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering preferred). Master of Science or Business is a plus.
- 8 years + of the previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred).
- 2-4 years of working experience with cloud-based services is required.
- Proven skills as an individual contributor to drive cross-functional cooperation and moderate tradeoffs between multiple stakeholder requests
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle and background in the IT products and services.
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Structured approach with a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Effective leadership and analytical skills. Able to implement, operate and report based on process KPIs.
- Having strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS Office, Assembla or JIRA (or similar tool)
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Project Manager (Release Manager)