In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is in search of a Senior Systems & Network Engineer to help us develop and maintain functional and secure networks for our teams. In this role, you will also be responsible for building and mentoring network engineers for effective optimization and rapid response troubleshooting of the networks.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about data protection and security, possesses a thorough knowledge of network administration & architecture and excellent problem-solving skills.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
The IT department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s IT systems and for providing efficient technology/desktop support to all business users. The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
Once you are here, you will:
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance to meet user demand.
- Reduce operational risk and improve the availability of the server infrastructure by ensuring system access, monitoring, control, evaluation and documentation practices are adhered to and maintained.
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages.
- Evaluate new system hardware and software solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology.
- Managing information technology and computer systems.
- Controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensuring the security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
As a Senior Engineer (Systems and Networks), we provide the opportunity for you to:
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate Approved systems, policies and procedures.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Support in Systems Audit and assessing their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures with respect to approved SOPs provided by Business Security Team.
- Troubleshoot network issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train team members on new technologies.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work under the approved SOPs.
- Setting up and configuring new core servers in VM environment.
- Troubleshooting network issues, and Coordination with ISP’s and vendors.
- Research and propose new technologies and implementation of cost-efficient solutions.
- Managing NAS and storage solutions.
- Managing VOIP PABX system.
- Assigning Support Tickets to Associate Engineers for improved & optimized end-user experience.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2012/2016/2019) /desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
Apply - Senior Engineer (Systems and Networks)