In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is looking for a senior resource for our IT Department who could assist in day-to-day operations and support the business units with all their IT-related needs. The incumbent needs to perform system monitoring & analysis and must be efficient in tackling all IT-related issues within the organization.
As a Senior Engineer Systems & Networks, the individual also have to be able to resolve all queries including, but not limited to setting up an email, conducting system diagnostics, and enhancing the IT provision extended within the business.
The individual also needs to have a solution-oriented approach and should be able to coordinate and collaborate with other teams & departments for all IT-related queries, issues & protocols.
Once you are here, you will:
- Troubleshoot network issues & outages and identify reasons that cause them.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models as per requirements.
- Develop expertise to train team members on new technologies.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work under the approved SOPs provided by Team Lead.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and escalating issues, including proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance to meet user demand
- Reduce operational risk and improve the availability of the server infrastructure by ensuring system access, monitoring, control, evaluation, and documentation practices are maintained and adhered to
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Evaluate new system hardware and software solutions
- Monitor the market for emerging technology
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Monitor system performances and troubleshoot all IT-related issues.
- Ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations as defined by the Team Lead.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate approved systems policies, and procedures.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Support Team Lead in Systems Audit and assessing their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security, and control structures with respect to approved SOPs provided by Team Lead.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements with respect to approved SOPs provided by Team Lead.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Set up and configure new core servers in the VM environment.
- Ensure licensing for all software purchased is recorded & maintained and report any discrepancies to Team Lead.
- Ensure that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal & external customers.
- Ensure Weekly Backup of all Switches, Routers, and Firewall.
- Perform approved configurations of switches, routers, and firewalls to optimize services.
- Troubleshoot network issues and Coordination with ISP’s and vendors.
- Research and propose new technologies and implementation of cost-efficient solutions.
- Manage NAS and storage solutions.
- Manage PABX system for Telephone and intercom within the vicinity
- Provide relevant information pertaining to CCTV and PABX login for management’s requirements.
- Compare audit records of data center and finance department monthly.
- Assign Support Tickets to Associate Engineers for improved & optimized end-user experience.
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Perform other day-to-day duties as assigned by the line manager.
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market and in this age. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work, in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy working together. As a result, we’re among the top IT and technology companies in Pakistan.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that will require you to put your existing body of knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of, and help us go to new places.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including backbone infrastructure issues
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2012/2016/2019) /Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing servers virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
Apply - Senior Engineer Systems and Networks