In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is headhunting a highly responsible, independent and disciplined senior linux administrator to join our team of technical support engineers. We are looking for someone who is able to empathize with customer needs and offer extraordinary Technical Support to our customers.
In this role, you will be in close coordination with other globally distributed teams. Adjusting to our data-driven culture, you will measure the effectiveness of your work and strive for continuous improvement.
Why is this role important for GADITEK’s work?
GADITEK’s mission is to support its brands with the right talent so they can take us to new levels of excellence in existing and non-existing areas; and in the process, make themselves more valuable and relevant in the marketplace.
This role is the backbone of our operations as ultimately, you are the face of the company and the person our customers' trust. We rely on cloud engineers to provide timely and accurate solutions to customer’s technical problems, create a great customer experience with the brand, retain them and turn them into raving fans and evangelists.
Once you are here, you will:
- Provide best support and solutions to our Customers through tickets, chat, phone, emails, Premium Slack, Skype etc.
- A desire to help people, and a strong sense of empathy for their needs.
- Be a good team player who works well in a 24/7 collaborative environment.
- Perform complex web migrations and support junior coworkers with their migration processes.
- Help customer with application load tests and application upgrades etc, and provide support to juniors with their deployments.
- Convert complex chat queries of customers to tickets when needed.
- Help junior team members with reaction to Alerts when needed on different monitoring frameworks. (slack, sensu and zabbix)
- Monitor and react to different abuse reports (Slack and emails, etc.) in close coordination with different teams.
- Assist “Team Leads” to develop and improve internal development tools and dashboards.
- Be able to cater complex queries on chats/tickets and provide support to juniors with the rest of chats/tickets.
- Be able to provide basic technical training to Juniors.
- Be able to cater to complex cloud infrastructure issues and escalate them in a timely manner to Team leads if necessary.
- Go through the chats & tickets on a weekly basis and check for the repeated issues which can be suggested as incremental improvements to DevOps and present them to Team Leads.
- Be able to automate any procedure with the current operations that can save the time of the team.
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
- Strong-Advanced knowledge of Linux operating environments (Debian, Ubuntu, Centos) and different web technologies (apache, Nginx, varnish, Memcache, MySQL, APC, PHP-fpm, etc).
- Advanced skill level in system performance troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of different services (GIT, SMTP, DNS, OpenVPN, postfix, crons, SSL, Sensu)
- Analysis of logs (sys, stack).
- Debugging of open source application related issues.
- Ability to cope up with new/unknown technical issues. Initiative in tackling new problems with an imaginative approach
- Strong knowledge of web applications migration process (unknown issues, CMS migration, troubleshooting, perfection, Cpanel & other hostings knowledge, advance CLI commands to pull data)
- Working experience in PHP based Open Source web applications (Preferably: WordPress, Drupal, Magento etc).
- Good experience with MySQL.
- Good knowledge of monitoring frameworks like Zabbix and Nagios.
- Possess excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Should be an independent player who would be able to work independently on shifts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers.
- Strong understanding of system and troubleshooting techniques.
- Should be process-oriented and Proactive.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - the ability to set and enforce processes.
- Ability to operate in an Agile and Kanban environment.
- Good knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (like AWS, GCE etc.).
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for PaaS/cloud service provider.
- Good mentorship skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
Apply - Senior Linux Administrator