In a Nutshell:
We're looking for a PHP developer with skills focused on Laravel and WordPress development for which he/she needs to have strong PHP development skills and show an eagerness to learn new technologies.
Once you are here, you will:
- Assist with improvement, optimization, and scalability of our WordPress’ WooCommerce setup with standard-compliant plugin and theme development.
- Assist with improvement, optimization, and scalability of our Laravel based Order Management System.
- Assist associate and junior developers and help with removing minor and major roadblocks.
- Serve as servant-leader to help junior and associate developers for achieving their sprint goals.
- Work on automating business processes and workflows to reduce manual work across teams.
- Practice agile development and assist/empower developers to reach their sprint goals.
- Define a strong definition of done for sprint tasks.
- Ability to improvise, learn and be adaptable to new technologies when required.
- Modify existing code for better compatibility.
- Timely deliver development tasks.
- Analyze code segments regularly.
- Delegate tasks to team members.
- Review code work for accuracy and functionality.
What does GADITEK offer you?
Gaditek is a new-age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
- 4+ years of professional experience with WordPress theme and plugin development.
- 5+ years of experience with core PHP development.
- 2+ years of experience with Laravel.
- Strong understanding of SCRUM.
- Professional fluency in PHP.
- Ability to write standards-compliant HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Ability to work with and configure LAMP environments.
- Responsive web design development with frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Ability to program or exchange data with XML, JSON and 3rd party APIs.
- Ability to manage a team of junior developers to achieve development goals without the need of micromanagement.
- Familiarity with modern PHP (for example OOP, PHP 7, Composer, PSR’s, CakePHP, or Symfony etc.)
- Source code management with Git.
- Familiarity with SCRUM methodology.
- Familiarity with curl and basic terminal commands.
Remote Work During COVID19 Pandemic
Work from home is mandatory for all Gaditians during the COVID19 pandemic. To enable our teams to work remotely, Gaditek has introduced the following:
- UPS for Critical Staff
- Monthly Internet Allowance
- Internet Device
- Pausing all pending Loan Installments
- Additional OPD Benefits for our Office Staff
- Dedicated hotlines to our support teams
A special fund has been set up to support all Gaditians and their families in case of a worst-case shutter-down scenario in any area that limits access and availability to food and basic amenities. Gaditians are a family and we are committed to moving forward and through this pandemic together as one.
Additionally, our Admin team is on standby at all times to help Gaditians in any way they can. Finally, a detailed WFH policy and guide to enable productive work from home for all teams are available.
Apply - Senior PHP Developer - WordPress and Laravel