Cloudways is looking for candidates who possess strong writing, editing, and competitive research skills to join as an SEO Content Writer. This role focuses on the creation and general upkeep of our articles, blog posts, and buying guides and is a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing and educational needs of our buyer personas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create findable, readable, understandable, actionable and shareable content for different web properties and company blogs.
- Utilize SEO best practices and keyword strategies to increase website traffic
- Refresh and edit a variety of content including articles, blog posts, buying guides, and other supportive text using analytics data.
- Research topics related industry to further industry knowledge and improve existing content.
- Learn and understand the technical product.
- Stay informed and up-to-date on emerging and existing industry trends in content writing and web copy.
- Master various systems and SOPs built to produce quality content
- Work with the editorial team to ensure the content is produced, reviewed and published on time.
- Repurpose content for different distribution channels (infographics, slide decks, Linkedin Carousels, etc).
- Use PowerBI, Google Analytics and other tools to understand the results published content is bringing, and whether it’s adding any value to business results (free signups or paid conversions).
- Understand the CTA’s and interlinking to test clicks and improve on a regular basis.
- Understand the content funnels and create content accordingly
- Topic ideation & planning deliverables with the project management team.
- Conduct competitive research using tools like Ahrefs, BuzzSumo, SEMRush
- Create thorough outlines for any kind of content for editorial review and approvals.
Skills / Attributes Required
- 5+ years of experience in digital content writing, journalism, or marketing.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to multitask while meeting short and long term deadlines
- Creative problem solving and analytical skills
- Willingness to learn new tasks and software
- Superior research skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Can work both independently and in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Experienced with editing, revising, and writing copy
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Outcomes driven approach in writing is a must-have.
BACK TO CAREERS