In a Nutshell:
Gaditek is searching for a Senior Network Engineer to help us develop and maintain functional & secure networks. This role requires someone with thorough knowledge of network architecture & administration and excellent problem-solving skills.
In this role, you will help the IT department maintain and support the company’s IT systems and provide efficient desktop support to all business users. The department is responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the business.
Once you are here, you will:
- Manage information technology and computer systems.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations as defined by Team Lead.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate Approved systems, policies and procedures.
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time with team Leads permission and following the instructions approved.
- Support Team Lead in Systems Audit and assessing their outcomes.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures with respect to approved SOPs provided by Team Lead.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements with respect to approved SOPs provided by Team Lead.
- Troubleshoot network issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train team members on new technologies.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work under the approved SOPs provided by Team Lead.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Setting up and configuring new core servers in VM environment.
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained and report any discrepancies to Team Lead.
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal & external customers.
- Ensuring Weekly Backup of all Switches, Routers and Firewall.
- Performing approved configurations of switches, routers and firewalls to optimize services.
- Troubleshooting network issues, and Coordination with ISP’s and vendors.
- Research and propose on new technologies and implementation of cost-efficient solutions.
- Managing NAS and storage solutions.
- Managing the PABX system for Telephone and intercom in the office all rooms.
- Provide CCTV and PABX login records for management requirement.
- Comparing audit records of datacenter and finance department monthly.
- Assigning Support Tickets to Associate Engineers for improved & optimized end-user experience.
What does GADITEK offer you?
GADITEK is a new age technology company that is focused on just one thing: keeping you relevant in the market. We work hard. Harder than most other places of work in the same hours. But we also purposefully find ways to allow our teams to enjoy work together. As a result, we’re among the best companies to work for in Pakistan with a plethora of benefits and an amazing culture.
Working with us, you will never have to worry about being left behind in the market or losing your market value. You will always remain market competitive, work on challenging new projects that require you to put your knowledge and experience to create amazing solutions that you’re proud of and which help us go to new places.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Network Administrator
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
Apply - Sr Network Engineer