In a Nutshell:
SEO is one of the core channels of growth at Cloudways. We’re looking to scale it this year. Are you the specialist who can help us achieve that? Then continue reading on…
We are looking for an SEO specialist who lives at the cutting edge of the SEO domain. Who understands how to use white hat SEO to scale up search impressions, improve search ranking and increase click-throughs and conversions.
You’ll be joining our marketing team of 100+, SEO team of 10+ and will be working cross-functionally with our content, community and advertising teams to further expand our search footprints.
What will you be responsible for?
- Helping our content marketing team to optimize the content generated for our blog and guest posts for external websites.
- Uncovering the goldmine of keywords that our content team can capitalize on while maintaining our position for keywords where we rank #1 in SERP.
- Conceptualize and run high-impact SEO experiments to improve the search ranking, click-throughs and conversions of our 100+ landing pages.
- Coordinate with our advertising team and optimize the landing pages used in Facebook and Google Ads to boost conversions.
- Building processes to systematically improve the on-page and off-page SEO elements of all the important pages and the overall website.
- Research and come up with scalable link-building strategies to gain high-quality backlinks (60+ DA).
- Periodically, review and improve the internal site architecture and the internal linking of pages on our website and blog.
- Keep a tab on the strategies of our competitors and leverage any high-impact strategy that we missed.
- Create and maintain weekly/monthly reports to quantify the results of ongoing SEO activities. Bonus points if you know how to create automated reports.
- Over time build and lead a team of SEO professionals to keep accelerating the organic growth.
Overall, you’ll be one of our go-to people for all things SEO so we have high expectations in terms of technical skillset, communication skills, as well as leadership qualities.
Who are you?
- An experienced SEO professional who has worked on websites containing hundreds to thousands of pages and has helped scale search traffic. Preferably in a B2B organization.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the SEO domain. From the latest Google algorithm updates to the best UX practices, you stay updated on every aspect that impacts SEO.
- You have a deep understanding of analytics tools (like Google Analytics, Mixpanel), SEO tools (Search Console, Ahrefs), WordPress, and the SaaS market.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have experience working in an SEO team of 3+ members.
- Skilled at using Assembla (or similar project management tool), Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced environment and you understand the importance of moving quickly.
- Should be able to think from the first principles to solve problems.
- You’re a curious learner with an eye for details.
What we’re NOT looking for
- If you still think SEO works like it’s 2012.
- You’re not passionate or driven to be among the best in the SEO field.
- You believe link dropping in communities and the comments sections is still relevant.
- If you use directory submissions as a link-building strategy or if you chase after low-value websites to build links for the namesake.
- You believe Google won’t find out if you mix black hat techniques in your otherwise white hat SEO strategy.
Why join our team?
- Apply if you’re looking to build a career and not just a job.
- A very high-impact role that influences our user acquisition efforts.
- Work with a highly motivated team that has deep experience in the SaaS domain.
- You’ll have a direct impact on our award-winning product that’s used by 10 thousands+ users across the world and rated 4.8/5 by our customers on G2 and 4.7/5 Capterra.
- Remote work option, competitive compensation, and liberal HR policies.
- 5-days work week schedule with an enormous opportunity to grow as the company grows.
- Any health insurance-related benefit.
- Any leaves/holiday-related benefits.
- Any financial savings-related benefit.
We give lots of room for experimentation and growth, and the chance to be part of a work culture that values ownership and accountability while striving to go beyond the necessary.
Come join us.